8.12.09

doll face, darling

Photobucket
C'est moi! A m o d e l . I recently posed in a photoshoot as a porcelain doll. It was an amazing experience, and so much fun! I love all things creepy; anything to do with the supernatural. Not that I really believe in any of that, but I love the feeling it gives me. Especially in art. When the photographer told me the concept of the shoot I was ecstatic. An all white background, single white chair, a porcelain-like doll, and a blurred spirit. I adore the symbolism behind this photo; the fine line between life and death. At least that's how I saw it. You can see this photo any way you'd like. Another thing that makes art beautiful is that everyone interprets it differently.

How do you think I did? This was my first modeling job, after all. The photographer told me to sit on the chair, look straight into the camera with a blank expression, and cock my head. I thought I did alright for my first time.

Sorry for such a long-winded post about a single photograph. I'm a bit over excited, I suppose :)



What does this photo symbolize to you?


neonmango sig2

3 comments:

  1. how cool . . great picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is incredible! (:

    and yes yes yes! that is my favorite part about editorials (or anything really - artwork, fashion, clothing, books, poetry, etc.) - there is that depth of symbolism that is so beautiful & interesting!

    you should definitely pursue modelling of sorts! (:

    bisous,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!
    Check out my blog!
    amouretmode.blogspot.com
    XO
    Cleo

    ReplyDelete