31.3.09

hell week & flapper style





If you've ever been involved in theatre, you know what I mean by hell week. Otherwise known as tech week. The week where you give all of your time to the theatre in hopes that the joy of opening night will pay you back. Well the show I am in right now requires a tech week that is much more demanding than usual. It's not your usual show. It's a compilation of about 12 one-act plays written by local teens. So I'm not only acting in one of the shows, but also acting as a stage manager for the show that I wrote.


The show I wrote, titled "Got no Wiggle," is set in the 1920s. It is about a flapper named Bunny who is stuck between loyalties to her old- fashioned mother who wants her to settle down and get married, and her flapper friend Cherry.


Flapper fashion trend
With the 1920s on my mind I spotted some flapper inspired styles while scoping through past Spring and Summer 2008 collections.


Flapper fashion trend as worn by Kate Moss
Kate Moss in December Vogue; Kate Moss for Topshop beaded flapper dresses and cape; The Great Gatsby; Coco Chanel.


Well, expect an even longer slow down in posts for the rest of the week.. By the way, my birthday is on Thursday! 

Remember everyone, you're the bees knees!

Kisses,

6 comments:

  1. I love how Kate Moss looks in that pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omfg
    amaaazing post
    you pretty summed up my favourite thingslol
    <3 <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh hell week. I know exactly what it's like - crazy rehearsals 'til god knows when! Haha =] Hell week for me was about 2 weeks ago? I already miss the show =[

    Love the 1920s. Flappers are fabulous =]

    Bisous,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wishing you a fabulous show - break a leg dearest Laur!

    Bisous,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the birthday wishes <3

    Bisous,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you want to and have time, i tagged you in something (:

    happy spring break !!

    xx

    alexia

    ReplyDelete